Friday, August 14, 2009

Only on the 'C'

So a few months ago I was riding the C train from Brooklyn when around the High Street stop a ZILLION little kids get on the train. I prepare myself for lots of screaming and whatnot as two little boys scoot into the seat next to me. I proceed to go back to playing Tetris on my phone. A few stops later I can't help but notice that these little boys are crawling over themselves to look at what I'm doing on my phone. I proceed to close the game and move on to other fun little apps I have. I opened up the Bubble Wrap app and continue to watch them freak out out of the corner of my eye.

I finally look up to a chaperon to see if they're watching this interaction (which they were) and I turn to the little boys and go "Do you wanna try popping bubbles with me?" They were more than happy to join in. We sat there popping bubbles for several stops when they asked my if my phone could do other neat things. I have this camera app that takes multiple shots at once, so I had one of the little boys wave for me so I could show them how it worked. Keep in mind this whole time the parents/chaperons are cracking up and snapping pics of us playing together. All of the little kids in the group waved goodbye to me when I got off at my stop.

It was truly one of those priceless 'only on the subway moments.'

--Submitted by S.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment