Monday, May 11, 2009

Best friends

I got on the 6 train going uptown at Bleecker. I never get on at Bleecker, you know. I had just finished seeing a crappy show in the area. I was all distraught over it. I got on the train and made eye contact with this really cute goth-ish guy. He was looking at pictures in his camera. I started writing in my journal about the totally crappy show. He looked over at what I was writing. I then started looking at the photos in his camera. We shared a smile. 

I usually get off at 68th street, but I rode an extra stop just to be with him.

I have heard about people meeting and making a connection on the train. I never had until then. 
The next stop came and I started to get off. I smiled at him and turned to go. The doors started to close. He darted off the train, and he told me he wanted to get to know me better . Totally didn’t want it to be a missed connection. 

We hit it off right away—but of course...he had a girlfriend, but it wasn’t about that. We didn’t let that stop us from getting to know each other, and two years later we are still all totally close friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment