Thursday, May 7, 2009

"Pow"

It was pretty late. I was on the L train headed home to Williamsburg. This normal looking guy got on and sat across from me. I was sitting there listening to my IPod when that guy made his fingers into a gun and pointed it at me. 

He yelled “Pow.” 

I sat there not sure what to do. Again he yelled “Pow.” At that point I realized he was clearly crazy. He then screamed non stop ”Pow, Pow, Pow.” 

I couldn’t take it anymore and I can’t believe I did this, but I got up, looked him directly in his eyes and yelled “Wow” and then calmly but quickly walked to the next car for the rest of my ride home. 

--Submitted by U.E.

1 comment:

  1. I so do not miss my subway days in NYC especially after seeing Taking it from Pelham 123.

    Feeling something hard press into my thigh on a crowded train or watching a women sit down in a seat filled with urine was enough to make me stay above ground.

    The worse was when I made a bad decision to take the subway, late at night, to save $$ on the taxi fare. Down the stairs came a very pale man, with a cape on and he began to talk to himself and pace back and forth in front of me.

    I was the only one sitting on the subway platform, way underground. My heart was palpitating out of my chest as I waited for the train that was not coming.

    I never had envisioned my death to be murder, in the deep underground by a human who wanted to be immortal.

    ReplyDelete