Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Typical NYC Day

I have lived in NYC my whole life, but I didn't go to see my first show till I was 11 years old - it was HAIRSPRAY on Broadway, and I really loved it!!  

I was so impressed, and there was one actress who I thought really stood out in the show--Jackie Hoffman.  She was just SO FUNNY and cracked me and my mom up the whole show--I really became a big fan of hers--I still go to see her solo comedy shows, etc...  

Because of her I decided to become an actor, which I'm pursuing to this day (just got my headshots!!!)  

Well, I was on the C train going downtown, and there was only one seat open.  I sat in it, and looked to my left, and who was sitting next to me but Jackie Hoffman!!  

I didn't say anything to her--wanted to respect her privacy and all--but I just thought it was so cool how public figures and actors take the subway every day and you never know who you'll meet (or sit next to, anyway) on a "typical day" in NYC.

-Submitted by T.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment